Error when instantiating custom refinement filter generator object.

Dec 6, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Your web part is not showing the property I've configured to use your filter generator.  It shows all the others.  Every time I load the page, I get this in the ULS:

Error when instantiating custom refinement filter generator object. FilterType=Chaholl.SharePoint.Search.Webparts.MultiValueFilterGenerator, Chaholl.SharePoint.Search, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ffe713a1bda6327f:Could not load type 'Chaholl.SharePoint.Search.Webparts.MultiValueFilterGenerator' from assembly 'Chaholl.SharePoint.Search, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ffe713a1bda6327f'

My Refinements XML says:

<Category    Title="Technologies"    Description="Use this filter to restrict results to a specific technology"    Type="Chaholl.SharePoint.Search.Webparts.MultiValueFilterGenerator, Chaholl.SharePoint.Search, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ffe713a1bda6327f"    MetadataThreshold="1"    NumberOfFiltersToDisplay="4"    MaxNumberOfFilters="20"    SortBy="Frequency"    SortByForMoreFilters="Name"    SortDirection="Descending"    SortDirectionForMoreFilters="Ascending"    ShowMoreLink="True"    MappedProperty="technologies"    MoreLinkText="show more"    LessLinkText="show fewer" />

Do you have any idea why I'm getting this problem?

Thanks!

David Tappan

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:13 PM

It's a typo: "Webparts" should be "WebParts" in the Namespace of the Type.